Sunday, June 29, 2008

Day 10 - Student Portfolios...

Using student electronic portfolios have proven to be powerful tools, as illustrated in the articles under 'day ten' by teachers that are successfully using them.  

Reading about the many examples has inspired me to begin this implementation with my teachers.  However, I realize the vitality in being cognizant of not enforcing the initiative by a 'top-down' approach, as I'm currently taking a class on implementing change.  Instead, I think a better approach would be for me to begin by having discussions about electronic portfolios with a few teachers...(some that are 'go-getters' and perhaps with some of the 'resisters').  If and when, I'm able to gain 'buy-in' from the select teachers, then, I can begin to implement the use of student electronic portfolios.  I believe showing teachers examples of how student e-portfolios are used will also spur interest and motivate them to try them.....

Most importantly, I want to begin the process slowly, offer support, as well as help sustain the reform through providing training, funding, on-going support and by recognizing their efforts and successes!


No comments: