Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 6 Readings – Multimedia Peripherals

I really enjoy taking photos, especially using a digital camera. The fact that you can delete those poorly taken photos is awesome! (Trying to get my mom to convert to using a digital camera...I know, everybody should own one by now. ;-)

The article that provided the Top 10 Tips for Taking Digital Photos was great! Not to toot my horn, but I do feel like I take effective pictures. I am pleased to discover that I am using most of the tips provided. Two were new to me: using the flash outside and move it from the middle.

I hadn’t realized that I could use a flash outside to reduce shadows on subjects. I always thought that if there was sun out, my photos didn’t require a flash. Now I know.

The other tip, 'move it from the middle', is something new that I will try. I usually aim to center subjects – I think it has to do with the perfectionist in me to always have things perfectly situated (centered, straight, etc.) :-0 I will definitely be more creative the next time I photograph an object/subject.

Regarding scanners, I think it’s great that this tool exists. Personally, I do not enjoy using them. ☹ Yes, they can come in handy, especially for scanning items that are pre-digital, (is that a word?)...However, I think it requires an extra step and additional work.

No comments: