Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 4 Reading - Multi-media & Copyright

Reading the article regarding multi-media and copyright were helpful refresher resources.

Trying to develop a definition for multi-media was difficult to achieve, as I hadn't realized the endless list of resources that classify as multi-media. The timeline is what really shed light on the vast amount resources that contribute to multi-media. Additionally, this class has introduce various resources such as using digital photography, digital movies, PowerPoint, Photo Shop Element, and sound and music to help enhance projects. Experiencing these tools/resources has really helped me understand what classifies as multi-media.

The articles regarding copyrights were great reminders for me as I work to produce a multi-media website for my dissertation! I was reminded of specific copyright laws and fair use. I found the sample letters for requesting permission to use/borrow from websites and/or graphics particularly useful. Overall, being cognizant of these laws in general is key for helping me steer clear of breaking any copyright and/or fair use laws.

1 comment:

Kierra said...

I agree! There is just an enormous number of types of media that we could be utilizing in our classrooms. It really is amazing. What's more, it amplifies the number of activities and learning opportunities we can offer our students exponentially. What an awesome time for us to be teaching!